Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Back in the day when I had a television that showed more than a fuzzy channel 4 and 8, I watched Jon & Kate + 8. I thought their story was pretty amazing. I would imagine that 8 children would be hectic and that a very consistent (strict) routine would be imminent. How else could you keep structure in a house of 10 (plus help)? So, I was a little disappointed when the news broke about Jon having an affair. I hope it's not true. Last week US Weekly ran a story about one of the kids calling Kate "mean". Okay, obviously the writers were grasping for straws. I'm told at least once a week that I'm mean. For what? Saying No for the most part. Hell, Rylan even asked his teacher to pray for me. when I asked him why, he said -- "i prayed that you would be a nice mommy". Great. Christian school, come knocking on my door. So I asked what he was talkign about, he said, "remember when you said I couldn't go to hannah's house to play?" Good grief. So, give Jon & Kate + a million a break & let them (hopefully) mend their relationship.

...and if a child calls their parent mean, it probably means they're doing something right!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.