Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

....those are things little boys are made of, and rightly so.

Last night we get home and I told the boys to clean up the front yard. It's time to mow (again) and Dalton and his friends had some boards in the front yard that they used as ramps for their skateboards. They last moved these boards about a month ago - i remember this because I REFUSED to move them and I just mowed around (sorry Den). they were excited about moving the boards. Why? When grandpa helped move them over, they picked them up and snakes scattered. baby snakes, but snakes nonetheless. In my previous life, as a princess, I wouldn't dare get near this plot, but as a mom of three boys, I stand there with my stick, waiting to "catch" the slithery little creatures. Sure enough -- 2 baby snakes. And what do boys want to do with snakes? What else -- kill them. I supervise while Mason runs to get a shovel....wait, no - a rake. A rake? that's what he came back with. Gotta love them. They proceed to cut the heads off, then carry the lifeless slinky around the front yard and down to the neighbor (girls) to chase them with a snake body!

This morning I took Rylan to grandma's and there is a possum in the flower bed. Looked like a giant rat. GROSS! I try to scare it with the sound of my car -- success. I shoo the giant rat to the carport, then down the driveway. I follow him in my car to get it far away from the front door that I'm just about to go into. Rylan is in the back seat yellling -- RUN OVER HIM MOM!!!!! :-)

I wonder what creature awaits me tonight!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.