Sunday, June 7, 2009

I don't want it to be over....yet!

I took the day off on Friday, partly some previously made plans that didn't pan out, partly because I wanted a day off! Thursday I had a very traumatic experience with my love muffin's mother. She wanted to see my house. YIKES. I wanted to vomit! Seriously. I am not a "tidy" person and a phrase rings in my head that my ex-mother-in-law once told me in a heated debate....I am a horrible homemaker. Well, first of all, not a homemaker...a breadwinner. Second of all...when I get home, I'm exhuasted and finally...I see no end in sight. My house is so overwhelming, I don't see a starting point and ultimately an ending point, so I just pretend I don't see the crap everywhere. We're discussing our future plans and renting out my house may be an option (just not sure on timing). Anywho, she wanted to see my house. I was mortified. She was kind but I know she was probably thinking I'm a slob. HUMILIATION = MOTIVATION. I spent my day off on Friday cleaning house. I had 3 bags of trash (clutter) and started some boxes for a garage sale (hopefully in the next month). Work in progress but headed in the right direction.

Friday night Den and I went to the movies to see The Hangover. I seriously think this ranks on my top 5 movies. It was greatness...absolutely hilarious. We left and went to Courtside for a drink but left without finishing because the place smelled like vomit.

Saturday I had a hair appointment with my super awesome hairdresser - Cara! I wanted to go dark, I love my hair dark. I think it makes my eyes look more blue. So we put some LAVA on it...yes, that was the name of the color. I look like a straight up rocker chic. Cara....I may have to do this again just before DEF LEPPARD in August!!!! After my hair appointment, Den and I had a couples massage (a Valentine's gift) at One Fine Day. He was asleep in the first 5 minutes but I enjoyed mine...of course it's always over a little too soon. Sat. night Den went to TMS for a race, so I hung out at the pool, reading and watching TV.

I woke up this morning at 11! Who the hell sleeps til 11? ME!!! Got up, Den cooked lunch and I came home to feed the dogs, steam cleaned the hallway and Dalton's room, went back to Den's, fell asleep on the couch, came back home. Dreading the work week.

Did you notice I mentioned vomit in this blog twice? LOL!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.