Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Fourth of July

The many things that I love about the fourth of July -- and what I associate with the day:

  • marching bands

  • summertime

  • patriotic music (Lee Greenwood anyone?)

  • fireworks

  • cookouts

  • family & friends

  • red, white & blue

  • water / beach

When I was little, I remember spending many birthdays at the beach -- it was our vacation destination. Because the fourth was a day after my birthday, I always thought the fireworks and celebration were for me. Yes....that's why I STILL make a big deal about my birthday. Maybe one day, when my "number" is much higher, I will not expect everyone to wish me a happy day, but until that day comes.....:-)

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.