Monday, July 20, 2009

I blog because that's what I do

I blog when I'm happy; I blog when I'm sad; I blog when I'm frustrated; I blog, I blog, I blog!

Today's blog feeling - frustration

In my early parenting years, I often wondered what I was doing wrong. My kids fought constantly. I assumed it was a phase. Hoped it was a phase. I was wrong. I never fought with my brother growing up. We were the best playmates. I didn't understand. I still don't understand.

Ring~Ring. Dalton's phone number is displayed on caller id. My thought - what now? He already called and described how he was going to spend every penny of his birthday money on cleats for football (which with patience, I would've bought), basketball shoes (hmmmm...that is months away), a chin strap and a hat. I tried explaining that after the football meeting mid-August, they would tell us what we needed. Okay, back on track. What now? I answer the phone to Dalton, frantic, crying....I can't even understand him. through the blubbering tears, I manage to catch - "mason stabbed me in the arm with a fork". huh? twilight zone......WTF!?!? I ask if my mom or dad are there to find out what really happened, leading up to this. If you know dalton, you know that he NEVER does anything to instigate... I'm still not sure of the details. I'll call later to find out -- all I DO know is that it was Dalton AND Mason - both of them, so BOTH of them are in trouble. good thing I have time to think about their punishment - I'm none too happy at the moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.