Monday, July 13, 2009

Busy Weekend



What a weekend! Saturday Dalton had his birthday party. I figured he was old enough (12) to invite whomever he wanted, so he did. He had 4 boys, 3 girls over plus his brothers. We're working on a tight budget so I made cupcakes and decorated as "beach themed". I'll upload pics tomorrow. I thought they turned out cute & I bow to the Cake Boss! Decorating is not an easy task! I think it turned out well.

My mom thought she had round peppermint with the red stripe (which was to be the beach ball), but turned out they were plain white, so I dipped them in red food coloring....the red marshmellow thing is supposed to be a beach ball....

Yesterday I went to work on the old house. The boys went to their dad's (first time since June 21st -- yea, don't ask unless you want an earful) and ended up spending the night. Of course I didn't know this initially so I was trying to hurry & finish so I could pick them up. I probably didn't make much headway at the old house...I really needed help to motivate me. It'll get done eventually! Yesterday afternoon my friend Beth came over with food (she is a GREAT cook). We cooked out, swam and ate. I had a full tummy & was ready for bed but found it difficult to turn off my mind, which continued to race until I finally went to the couch & turned on the TV for a few hours. Needless to say, I'm beat today!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.