Saturday, April 11, 2009

Viva la Mexico. Day One.

can I go back?

The trip was awesome! So much to blog about, so I'll start on days...

Day One. I was nervous about the trip because of the press that Mexico has been getting lately. We flew first class so with a few drinks, the plane ride was fine. We get in the taxi and wow...he was a crazy driver~~suddenly, traffic stops and we hear sirens. We are at the stop light (which obviously are not necessarily observed) and here comes anyone in Puerto Vallarta with of power ....policia, bomb squad, ambulance, fire department and SWAT team - complete in their all black attire, face masks and machine guns. Holy crap!

We ride to our hotel which was NOT in the "hotel zone". Dennis didn't want to be amongst the hotel chains and once we arrived, I was glad we weren't. The hotel was secluded and a 30+ min. drive to town. Absolutely beautiful. 5 star plus. The grounds were amazing. I'll add pictures next week. We checked into our room, admired the view, then headed to the pool bar for some much needed R&R.

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.