Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Never a dull moment

I've been in a funk lately. Actually, I'm trying to get in to see the dr. next week. I don't know what it is, I just don't feel "right". I'm exhausted, my body aches, I can't sleep, when I do sleep I break out into sweats. I think I've gained 15 pounds in teh last 2 weeks. Ask my mom, she'll glady attest to that. Did I mention I'm exhausted? Well, I've chalked it up to being busy. Between work, moving at work, baseball, choir recitals, and all other "kid things", I'm just pooped. Pooped or not, I'm going to the dr. to get a check up. Cross your fingers.

So I come home from work and head to baseball practice, but not before I go to Walgreen's to get my $5 coupon that they jipped me out of on Sunday. I find BREAKING DAWN in the backseat so I gladly pick it up as the boys practice. I can jump back into this book in no time. Practice is over so I head home. The boys go outside to jump on the trampoline. I decide to take this opportunity to read some more...I can't put this book down. I'm doggie sitting for Dennis while he's out of town so I have his big doggie Fred. So I spoil him rotten, just like my own. I grab my book and head towards the front door. Fred is pretty big so he's not allowed to go out without a leash. He sits down like a good little doggie, I leash him and he's quite anxious to get outside...he can't sit still. He doesn't have very good walking manners but he is on a choke chain so once it tightens up, he knows what to do. He twists around me so I am wrapped completely one time in his leash. I open the door, he starts to run, throws me onto the ground as he untwists me and takes off after this dog that was sitting at the corner of the street. Fred running. Tobey yelling (as I pick myself up off the ground). Adrenaline pumping. I chase him almost to the end of the street when I realize, he ain't coming back. Run back home, get in car, drive neighborhood with my head out the window screaming "FRED!!!!!!" Go back home, pick up the boys for extra eyes on the lookout. Drive up and down the street. Drive, yell, drive, yell. Panic. What will I tell Den? Oh shit. Drive, yell. We pass the Cooper's on Grand Street and Mike is outside. Dalton yells....I see him. I back up, jump out of the car, completely oblivious to traffic. Sweet Mason says, "mom, should I lock the doors?" Mike comes across the street, said he just saw him. He asked if he still had his leash on...Yep....that's him. Mike calls him, he comes running. Tongue hanging out of his mouth, panting, I pick him up and get him in the car. Whew. This could have been disastrous.

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.