Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Mexico

I know...I've been slacking. Give me a break, work has been hectic this week. It has been a long time since I've taken a week off work.



Back to Mexico. We went on a canopy/zipline tour which was AMAZING. I thought I might be a little scared but it was such an adrenaline rush swinging from treetop to treetop in the jungle.
http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/puerto-vallarta/pop-canopy.html#mapstart



We also went to the village of Yelapa and snorkeling in the coves on the way there. I've never been snorkeling but I loved it too. The water in PV is not as clear as other destinations in Mexico but once I had my mask on, the fish were apparent and very vibrant. I saw several bright blue and yellow fish and a blow fish that I followed around until I bumped heads with another fellow snorkeler.
http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/snorkeling/yelapa-majahuitas.html


The most adventurous of my "tours" was horseback riding. I thought I was going to die. The ride UP the mountain/jungle was fine, but when we decided to go back down, through the jungle, and see the waterfalls...well, that was a different story. Here I am on this big ole horse. About 24 inches of a ledge. No safety rail keeping us on this trail. I tried to calm myself. I even sang Twinkle Little Star to the horse. Dennis kept asking for the camera, sunscreen, whatever. I kept telling him-I am NOT taking my hands off of the reigns. I was a mess! By the time we got to the half way point, I jumped off the horse and started bawling. Poor Dennis. Poor Me. No more horseback riding for a while!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.