Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend recap

The plan was to have a kinda low-key weekend and looking back, I think we were successful.

Friday I made several stops on my way home, to return a shirt I didn't try on before I bought it (i KNOW better), to buy my son some overpriced cologne that he's been begging for and to look for some black sandals that don't kill my feet. My dad called but I had turned off my ringer (see son that wanted overpriced cologne) so when I came back to the cellular world, he called again. It was unexpected, but a cousin was found dead in his apartment. Shock. I kinda went into a zone and finished my errands in silence and ready to be home with my honey. He knew right away that something was wrong but I felt like if I didn't say it out loud, maybe it didn't really happen. My stomach turned, I felt nauseous so I climbed into bed. The royal wedding recap was all over the television but I just didn't feel like applauding such extravagance at the moment.

Saturday morning we headed to Rylan's game, which was a bloodbath. Not really, but it was bad, they were playing a team with kids 2-3 years older than ours and also a select team. Ha! Our kids had fun & ultimately, at this age, that's all that matters. Afterwards, Den and I headed to Allen for a day of shopping. We got a few things at the outlet mall which was HUGE. It was a long drive but I'd say well worth it. We had a late lunch, came home and watched movies~perfect ending to the day!

Sunday Funday. I went grocery shopping, discovered a pretty awesome policy offerred by HEB, took a nap, made Paula Deen's lasagna and ended the day with Khloe & Lamar ~ insert big puffy heart here ~

Raining today, so ballgames have been cancelled. We will welcome the brief haitus and real food for dinner vs. hot dogs and nachos with flourescent cheese.

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.