Friday, August 7, 2009

Ambien rocks!

I was an ambien-addict for quite a while. During the divorce, after the divorce, my mind would race and I had a difficult time sleeping. I'd had a few episodes of sleep eating and I was convinced ambien was solely responsible for my weight gain. I tried other sleeping pills but most everything had some sort of side effect that I wasn't willing to live with. Around April I took myself OFF ambien...went cold turkey. I could sleep without help -- it was great. Wednesday night I was exhausted and ready to go to bed, but once I got there, I couldn't turn off my mind and in turn, couldn't sleep. Thursday I was dragging. I decided last night that I would take an ambien so I could get a good night's sleep. and I did. until about 4 AM when I awoke and couldn't go back to sleep, even with the perfect hum of love muffin's snores. I got enough rest and I feel refreshed.

This morning I talk to love muffin and he tells me that I was loco last night. I asked him what he was talking about and he told me that I was singing nursery rhymes, talking about flowers, birds, colors...apparently it was quite entertaining. The problem is that I don't remember at all! That's a bit scary.

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.