Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

The other night Rylan came into the living room, with his cute, still somewhat baby talk and said...coco-nut bwas. I had to ask several times before i realized he was saying, coconut bra. I have no idea where this topic came from, but it was hilarious to me. I laughed, he kept repeating it.

This morning, I asked Dalton to ride the bus, it saves me time in the morning. His response..."you just want to ruin my life". Okay, really? Was that necessary? For riding the bus?

I continue my morning journey. I am in the drop off line at Mason's school. I turn around and tell him -"... you can't go outside until homework is finished and you need to clean up the bathroom floor from the bath last night. Have a good day. I love you." Mason's response..."I don't love you". SLAM.

Two down, one more to go.

Rylan was already grumpy. He is NOT a morning person. He didn't get out of bed but wanted cereal. I reluctantly agreed to let him take cereal in the car. As the car moved, so did the cereal, he cries -- "mommy, you're making it fall all over me. You're a bad mommy". I finally stopped and told him to dump the bowl. I get to Rylan's school. The director waits for the kids at the door and will unload them from the car (another HUGE help in getting them all delivered in the morning). She walks to Rylan's side -- he starts screaming....I want my mommy! Now, wait a second...10 minutes ago I was bad, now you want me?

I know they are kids, but I hope they understand that words are very hurtful. They really ruined my morning. I'm on my way out the door now to see what the evening holds for the boys and I. It can only get better! :-)

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.