Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mommy Vacation

My baby brother Jon (yes, I still call him my baby brother even though he’s 30) is an avid fisherman. Last September I went deep sea fishing with him off the coast of Surfside Beach (near Galveston). I’ve always LOVED to fish – probably love it more than most women should be allowed to love a stinky, slimy creature with bulging eyeballs. It was the greatest day ever. Fifty miles off the shore and in the middle of the ocean, there was no sight of land. It was my little paradise. Don’t mind the murky waters and excess seaweed, it WAS paradise. Tomorrow I leave again for Paradise. Okay, I may be over exaggerating here but I need to secure my seat on the boat. The boys will be with their father, I took a day of vacation and I’m headed to the coast. I hope I catch something big, or pretty, or scary. Hell, just something other than bait fish. Wish me luck!!! This was the fish I caught last time -- it's a wahoo...You hoo for the wahoo

Okay, a few clarifications...just for you NIN! The water was quite blue becasue we were so far out. I even jumped in (aka fell in) then got a little panicky about sharks so I pee'd in the water and got out. LMAO!!!

AND....I am SO sad that I will not get to spend the weekend with my favorite sister in law and the boy bun in the oven, but I will be camera happy and take lots of pics for your viewing pleasure. Luv u nin! :-)

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.