Monday, July 28, 2008

I’ve flown through the last year of my life on an adrenaline powered blur…

Divorce took away the image of a happy family and let the world in on a secret that I’d been holding close, fearful that someone would know I was not happy. I painted a pretty picture and spent a lot of time reasoning with myself. My inner thoughts convinced me that it was my job to fix my marriage, but I felt lonely. At some point, probably after many therapy sessions, I realized the only person I can change is myself. And so I flipped the switch on my heart. It was over and my heart knew it.

The journey has not been simple, but I am finding a new me.

I am regaining a sense of power and control of my life. I am finding lost pieces of myself that lie buried in happier times, many years ago. I laugh. I smile. I am focused on the positive things that I have to offer the world.

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.