Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No gas

For the past month or so, I've smelled sewer gas in and around my house. I knew I needed to call a plumber, but I also needed to be home so the plumber could make repairs. With D and I both working in Dallas....that's difficult. Maybe I was just in denial that anything was wrong. D took off this week to paint our house so the timing was perfect. Last Friday, he arrived home to Atmos and a fire truck. Atmos had turned off the gas on Thursday, without notifying us. On Friday, they came back with the fire department as a follow up. Okay....seriously, we didn't even know WHY we didn't have hot water, so a follow up was not necessary when we didn't know....UGH. We had a gas leak and needed it repaired. Our plumber came out Saturday and started their mission.....upon inspection, determined that we also had a plumbing leak. Go figure, right? Two more days and $3,000 later the repairs have been made but the city hasn't come to inspect it, nor has Atmos turned back on the gas. I am DYING for a hot bath....holding out hope that it will be on today....otherwise, I'm kicking some ass!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.