Thursday, May 28, 2009

Divine Intervention

Do you think that sometimes, divine intervention takes over when nothing else makes works out? Well, this was my situation last night. Let me back up. Yesterday I took Rylan to the doctor for shots & check up so he can start kindergarten in the fall. No, I can't believe it either, my baby will be in kindergarten. On our way out the door, I step on the scales. After I picked my jaw off the ground, I moped to the front desk and checked out. Decision made -- I need to do SOMETHING. It's a catch 22. I'm exhausted all of the time. If I lost weight I probably wouldn't be, but I'm too tired to work out. So what to do? I ordered a Jillian Michaels DVD that arrived last week (before I realized how broke I would be) but I hadn't taken it out of the pkg yet. After the kids and I got home, I decided to break out the dvd. I connect the dvd player to the tv, press play. The selected option is "Recommendations". I hit play. It gives me a recommendation -- don't start without doctor's approval, eat a good diet, blah blah blah. Well, I have a gheto dvd player and the only way to rewind, fast forward, etc, is through the remote control. Well, guess what? I don't know where the remote is. so I can't select "workout" without a remote. Dammit. I grab my dish manual and start the process to program my tv/cable remote to operate the dvd player. Problem #1 -- there is no "dvd" control on teh remote. My options were SAT - TV - VCR (really) - AUX. I went through all codes on the VCR mode but nothing worked. Then I started through AUX. After about 40 minutes, I gave up on the dvd. But, I still remember the number on the scales, so I need to do something. I get a Wii DVD that my sister let me borrow, also Jillian Michaels, unplug the dvd, plug up the wii, insert wii game, balance board won't connect. Ugh! After dressing my mii, which I really could care less about, especially at this point, I start my workout. Running. The one thing I really hate. How might you ask does it know? Good question. You hold the controller and nunchuck in each hand and the motions you make, tell the wii you're going through the motions. Once I got to the monkey bars, man I had it figured out. You were supposed to hold the controllers above your head and do the motion of moving from bar to bar. Ha. I can sure fix this. I put the controllers at waist level and shook them back and forth -- guess what? My mii is still moving. I've sabotaged the system. Workout complete. I have to get that DVD issue figured out!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.