Friday, April 30, 2010

Finally Friday

Good day, grumpy mood. Last night/this morning were pretty emotional for me -- as far as my kids go. A mother is instinctively the protector and when I feel like i have no control or the issue is out of my hands, I get a little freaked out...okay, a LOT freaked out.

I'm wearing a maxi dress today that I bought a few weeks ago. I put it on this mornign with some wedges and hated it -- I think it's meant for flats, which puts me back on wedding shoes...I want flat wedding sandals. There - done - decided! Now I still have to find them.

I ordered some books on amazon last week and they started rolling in on Wednesday, so I began reading a book called "I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Joy and Grief". My SIL lost little Logan over a year ago so the story is somewhat close to my heart. One of my favorite bloggers commented on it and gave it kudos. I read the first chapter online and was hooked. It's not only about losing a child, but also about faith and how God heals. I'm a few chapters in but it's not a long book and I plan to finish it up this weekend.

Busy weekend ahead. Our flooring will be installed today so we'll start putting the house back together and maybe rearranging, but definitely, reorganizing. I want to register at Target this weekend for our wedding, look for clothes for the groom & his buds, see a movie "The Back Up Plan", crawfish boil on Saturday night and maybe, just maybe get a little rest *sigh*.

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.