Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fa La La La La

Whew - what a weekend. Friday night we celebrated by brother Lynn's 50th birthday with a surprise party at my sister, Gay's house. Although he was not surprised, I think he still had a good time. When you have a big family, a birthday is a good reason to get together!












Saturday was the much anticipated "doggie day", as Rylan called it. We volunteered at the Ellis County SPCA. I wasn't sure what to expect. When I called Friday to confirm, I was told we should come at 1:00 for "training". Okay - whatever. Well, we walked in, told them we were there to volunteer, handed our application and the fun began. 2 dogs at a time, we could take them outside to the fenced area, keep them separated - have fun. Dalton started with a sweet chocolate lab named Marilyn. She was a charmer. She wiggled her way out of the kennel as soon as the door was cracked and wiggled her way even further into our hearts. Dalton took her to fenced area 1, picked up a ball, threw it....and forgot to let go of her leash.....she dragged him through the grass, poop, everything. The other boys and I were laughing so hard we were almost crying!











I made sure we spent time with every doggie there, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings. This gal was preggers, and was a sweetheart

Then we went to the kitty room. After I lost both of my cats to old age, I swore I'd never again have a cat, but the kitties were oh so sweet.....Soft and cuddly and purring in your ear. :-)


After our doggie day, we went to the movies to see The Blind Side...finally everyone else saw it. The theater was still full, but wow - what a great movie. You walked out and just felt good!

Today my love muffin went out of town for work (again) and won't be back until Thursday. I miss him already.

I've got a busy week ahead....Friday is the big Christmas party at Ry's school (I'm room mom) and hopefully afterwards, we'll go over to mason's party at his school....Lot to prepare.

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.