Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Need Happy

I need happy. My honey sent me flowers and that definitely put a smile on my face, but I admit I am in a bit of a funk. Drama, holidays, stress, my car is about to fall apart, the list goes on but listing all of the issues would force me to think about them and all I want to do is think happy things. So......with that said, I found a happy list...an email sent to me some time ago that I look at from time to time. I hope you enjoy and I hope it puts a smile on your face.

Sing in the shower - Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated - Watch a sunrise at least once a year - Leave the toilet seat in the down position - Never refuse homemade brownies - Strive for excellence, not perfection - Plant a tree on your birthday - Learn three clean jokes - Return borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full - Compliment three people every day - Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them - Leave everything a little better than you found it - Keep it simple - Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures - Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know - Floss your teeth - Ask for a raise when you feel you've earned it - Be forgiving of yourself and others - Over tip breakfast waitresses - Say "thank you" a lot - Say "please" a lot - Avoid negative people - Buy whatever kids are selling on card tables in their front yards - Wear polished shoes - Remember other people's birthdays - Commit yourself to constant improvement - Carry jumper cables in your trunk - Have a firm handshake - Send lots of Valentine cards. Sign them, "Someone who thinks you're terrific - Look people in the eye - Be the first to say "Hello" - Use the good silver - Return all things you borrow - Make new friends but cherish the old ones - Keep secrets - Sing in a choir - Plant flowers every spring - Have a dog - Always accept an outstretched hand - Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life - Wave a kids on school buses - Be there when people need you - Feed a stranger's expired parking meter - Don't expect life to be fair - Never underestimate the power of love - Drink champagne for no reason at all - Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation - Don't be afraid to say, "I made a mistake" - Don't be afraid to say, "I don't know" - Compliment even small improvements - Keep your promises (no matter what) - Marry only for love - Rekindle old friendships - Count your blessings - Call you mother

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.