Thursday, September 11, 2008

Not a Louisville Slugger



This morning I am scrambling to get the boys ready for school. Rylan was having a meltdown. Mason was wandering aimlessly around the house and I had misplaced my keys when I got home last night. Needless to say it was hectic. Dalton had already left to go to his bus stop which is about a block down the road. I was digging in my purse (still looking for keys) when I felt my phone vibrate. THIS is why I was running late. My ringer was off....AGAIN!!!! It's Dalton and he is all excited and says, "Mom, guess what....I found a bat". The excitement in his voice told me this was no Louisville Slugger but I needed to confirm. "A baseball bat?" I said. "No mom...a real live bat." I hope to scare him by telling him they bite, they carry rabies and if there's one, there are probably more. No such luck. I find my keys and we get in the car. I decide that I should probably go check out the bat situation. I find Dalton with a stick, and his friend with a cup. He says, "it makes a really cool noise". This poor little bat. I'm a sucker for small and fuzzy things. He was harmless...He had a broken wing and couldn't fly, or move much for that matter, other than flopping himself from side to side. Luckily the school bus came and Dalton and his friend got on. My car straddled the bat and off we went.



Look at the little fella. Harmless!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.