Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Times are changing

Dalton has been talking to a girl that I’ll call Nancy. She rides a dirtbike, they talk or text ALL of the time and she is a little older than him. Last night he wants to invite her over for dinner. After listening to his whining, and thinking it’s really not a big deal, I reluctantly agree. Secretly I might have been hoping that her parents would say no. Dalton gets re-dressed, fixed his hair and comes into the kitchen while I’m cooking to find a tablecloth for the table. Because he has done the tablecloth thing before, I’ve realized he thinks that means something special. To me, tablecloths mean one more thing to wash. Okay – whatever. She arrives (a bit to my surprise) and they go to his room so he can show her his trophies, then to the living room to watch the Olympics. Thank goodness Mason and Rylan didn’t leave their side. After dinner they go back to the living room. I take the dogs outside and they come out (thank goodness). I hate to be this overprotective, sneaky mom, but let’s face it – times are changing. He is about ½ foot shorter than she is. They walk out holding hands. As they walk towards the back yard, he looks over his shoulder & smiles at me. Yes Dalton, I see you’re holding her hand. Oh gosh, I’ve got a hormone crazed child on my hands!

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.