Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Refine my life

with the divorce comes change. some changes that are part of being a single mom, some changes I want to make, because I can. while searching the net I found a list of things to simplify your life. Let's see how many of these I can actually follow

Lose the premium channels on your cable TV. Not a chance in hell
Lose your pay-per-view converter. It's cheaper than late fees
Lose cable altogether. One luxury that I need
Lose TV altogether. Refer to #1 on the list
Walk and ride your bike more and use your car less. My love muffin & I are going bike riding this weekend
When you drive in your car, use your radio less and embrace silence more. Yes, I do, on occasion. Although I find music to be very therapeutic
Set aside a few minutes each day for quiet prayer or reflection. I don't have a few minutes
Give money away. I wish I had enough to share. Unfortunately, that is NOT the case
Give stuff away. Working on this one
Throw stuff away. This too
Eat less meat. If I think about the original source, I would eat less meat
Eat less. Yes - thank you adipex
Drink water, juice, and milk more, soft drinks and alcohol less. Right now, some alcohol is essential for my sanity
Bake bread from scratch in your own kitchen. I'm not Betty Crocker
Take a nap. LOVE naps
Read some history. Wish I could but it must be interesting
Write some poetry. roses are red...
Hum, sing, or whistle, even if you have a tin ear. I have a few songs that I sing my heart out
Walk outside and find something beautiful (or not-so-beautiful) that's growing; then just stare it for a while. Then stare at it some more. good idea

About Me

My photo
I am a 30 something Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend. I have 3 amazing sons, an incredible husband and 3 fur babies.